This may be one of the most cool things ever done with the Pond Boss family. I just sat and read through the entire thread. You people are crazy...and amazing.
I've "kinda" followed this event via this thread, but now I get to participate.
I've been excited, knowing the traveling lures were headed this way. Actually, I made a special trip to the post office in Sadler, 9 miles from home, Wednesday, to see if the box was there.
But, alas, it was not to be for Wednesday. Then, yesterday, I was home, here at LL,2, writing the last few things for Nov-Dec PB and my bookkeeper, Diane, rang my number. She needed some receipts, so I stopped what I was doing and ran them to her. Not ten minutes after I got home, Tonya called. Tonya checks the mail, updates the PB database and does much of the tedious, clerical stuff. She knew I would be excited. "There's a box here, the return address is from Chris and I knew you were looking for a special shipment."
I stopped what I was doing and headed into town, for the third time yesterday.
IT HAD ARRIVED! THE TRAVELING LURE BOX!
Wow!
Well...it was almost dark and I had a committment to fulfill and then this morning, I had a meeting and some outdoor work, then had to head to east Texas to look over a ranch for a client. After a quick 350 mile turnaround, I got home about 30 minutes before dark.
My bride, the Queen, was gone for the evening, so I grabbed two rods, tied on a bait and headed to one of the ponds here.
Here's what happened...please forgive the pictures. I'm holding the camera in my left hand, trying to get a good picture. They looked pretty good after I shot them, but you don't really know until they're downloaded.
I'll be back out there tomorrow, using all the other baits to see what can be caught.

I tied this on my 12 pound test baitcaster, tossed it out twice and caught this fish...a little thinner than I like, but a bass, nonetheless.

Then, I tied on this Rap...I love this bait...even though it's only the second one up to bat.

And, on the first cast, this bluegill, about 1.25 pounds, accepted the offer. It swallowed the front hook, all three barbs.

Tomorrow, I'll be home all day...and will get a shot at using most of the other baits...in several ponds here at LL,2.

Okay, here's my deal. I think we need to have a meeting here sometime this winter. We have lots of reasons, but I think it would be cool to have as many of you guys here as we can stand. Let's figure it out.

I will post more photos tomorrow, as the day happens.

Thanks for letting me play.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...