My pond is very small an an old aerial view doesn't do much good. Here is 2 pictures taken in March, you can see it's full.

The little woods on the left is where leaves and debris enter my pond with a heavy rain. I compost stuff in the woods too and I don't want that in the pond. When my pond overflows it does so in the area behind where the dog is laying in the second picture. The natural direction of water movement is from left to right.

You can see I have a berm behind my pond but it's higher than I would like around the rest of the pond. The berm really doesn't look that high in the picture but if you stand behind the pond, off of the berm, you can't see the water. I want to see the water in all other directions.

The new pond will be enlarged towards the spruce trees some and the berm will be modified. Unfortunately 5 spruce trees, one aspen and 2 pin oaks will have to come out to make room. My area is tight because there are buildings to the front of the pond. The new pond will be .25 acres (still small compared to most) and kidney shaped.

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]