here;s yet another photo i've been meaning to add. This is the biggest bass we've gotten out of the pond to date, weighted in at 2 lbs 1oz. Judging by the fact that my hand is as big as my head in this pic, i'm trying to learn the fabled picture technique you all boast about, but havent quite mastered it yet.
This was in mid-may, and sorry for the pic quality, it had to be re-touched by the good wolks at walgreens, this was at about 8 pm, and there was very little light and a cheapy disposable camera.

Another interesting tidbit:
That house across from me, to the left of that point, that is where most of the pike were being caught. I notice 2 things about that property compared to others. a) no retaining wall. It is a gradual, grassy slope to the water. Most other gradual slopes are sandy beech areas, otherwise there are retaining walls (for the most part). b) besides being just before a point, with an underwater island about 3' below the surface to the right of that point (some of the best structure in the pond, at least according to my cheapy topo map i made ice-fishing) the area between his two boats (look above my shoulder in the top left of the pic)is a steep dropoff, from 2-6' in the matter of a few inches. Also more well-defined structure than most other places in the lake.

Any who- rock on.
Skinny

Trying to help with 7.5 Acres in the Chain of Lakes Illinois
- -
The fish would stay out of trouble if it could just keep its fool mouth shut.
Turns out there is a lot I should be learning from the fish.