I am still shocked about all the things that needs to be done to get this pond up and running properly. On the surface I'm sure all the structures need to be added, but I also don't want to look down in clear water (hopefully) and see a bunch of crap in the bottom either. But that is a Newbie speaking.

The water entering the pond has slowed considerably with all the dry weather, so I have some time to address the structure issue that everyone is saying I need to complete. Naturally ever since I built the pond, the rain has went either North of South of us....go figure!

If you look at my pictures, I have two areas. The deep trench that is 17ft deep and then a shelf that would appear to be 6-8 feet deep. The shelf has a foot or so of water on it. If I understand properly, I need something for the FHM and that should go on the shelf. The other structures should then go in the deep trench. Or should i put some other structures on the shelf area?

Fish wise, I would like some catfish, bass (small or large?) then BG and FHM to feed them. Correct?