Racrx, I am unable to see how field tiles that gravity drain into a pond would be able to gravity drain water from the pond back into the field. To be sure, some section of each tile will be holding water for a distance back into the upper ends, until they rise up whatever depth they enter the pond at (3' if you don't do anything fancy, it would seem). Are you worried about water seeping from this "wet" section of the tiles back into the fields?

If your pasture land drains poorly enough (i.e. this means lots of clay, IME) that you need the tiles for drainage (as ours are here), they probably will not seep a noticeable amount of water out of the tiles back into the ground.

One other thing to worry about is varmint access from the pond (or other) outlet back into the tiles. Agridrain (and presumably other outfits) sell "rat guards" to install at the tile outlets which allow any debris in the tile to freely wash out, but prevent muskrats/raccoons/whatever from crawling up into the tile from the pond (and dying/getting stuck to block it). They are pretty reasonable, fit tile sizes from 4" to 24", and are fairly easy to install.

Agridrain rat guards

Last edited by Theo Gallus; 07/18/10 08:04 AM.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]