Gosh, sorry I didn't use any original lures - I didn't want to crimp barbs just to suit my needs...didn't seem very utilitarian of me! My fishing habits have become Condello-ized with the barb crimping - so jighead seemed the best option.

Eric - bright day, very warm. My YP were deep - I could have gotten some with a crawler and jighead, but livebait seemed to stray too far from the original intent. They are doing well, however, at last sampling. August managed a 12" in February. I'm hoping my top end females will be 13+ this winter. Amazing they were stocked at 3-4" fish in Sept 08. Great genetics I guess.

One final note - I definitely have a pellet feeding contingent of SMB. They are noticeably longer, thicker, and fatter - at least 30%. If anyone needs SMB - Rex not only provided healthy, inexpensive fish, but they were also apparently pellet trained. Rex - excellent work - zero morts - hundreds of taildances - happy TJ and family!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]