Thanks everybody. This is an great site! Quick and educated information.

I don't think I will stock pike. I do love to fish for them, and pickerel but I don't think I want to make a pike fishery. I think I do want walleye as a bonus fish though.

TJ - Thanks for such a detailed list. I'm leading towards SMB as the main predator, in fact I'm pretty sure I do. There just doesn't seem to be much else that works well. I love yellow perch too and hope to include them, but I know from fishing live bait they love small fish. Do you think this will cause a problem. Should I stock less SMB to even out?

I hope to add trout too, and I like Txelen's idea to try bows first to see if they survive the summers. Then I really want brooks and some more bows, I'm unsure about browns. I think cutthroat trout are only western trout, I don't think they live around here. Can I really stock splake? I didn't know people sold them.

How do I find out bottom temperatures?

I do want sunfish. It just doesn't seem right without them. Also, I love pumpkinseeds. Not sure about TM though, should I add them, I've read that they can eat ponds out of fprage. By the way, could someone confirm that triploid grass carp are illegal in VT? I guess I'm going to call someone about it anyway. Thanks

Last edited by CBopp; 07/14/10 08:17 PM.