There are some pretty cool ideas there, some of which I would like to do. My problem is that right now, all of that would stick up above the water. I am thinking that I really need to add some depth in some areas before I can really take advantage of any ideas to create structure.

The eastern pond has one deep hole (2 or 3 feet deeper than anywhere else in the pond, probably about 6 feet deep right now) in the NE corner. Most of the fish we are catching at this time of year seem to be hanging close to this hole, which is really small (20 x 30 feet maybe).

The western pond has a larger area of deep water (a trench about 20 feet wide by maybe 100 feet long) but it is about a foot shallower (about 5 feet) than the deep hole in the other pond. Once again, right now all the fish we are catching are hanging close to this trench.

The water is crystal clear, and I am thinking as the water temperature goes up, the fish are sticking to the deepest water they can find. During the winter and spring, rainfall and run-off keep the water much deeper and stained enough that the fish spread out over the entire ponds.

I have caught some nice fish, and some decent numbers. The fishing just really goes down in the dog days of summer.

I attached an aerial view. That is all I have for a picture right now.

Attached Images
Glenmora Ponds.jpg
Last edited by Sandman; 07/13/10 03:12 PM. Reason: correction