I finished putting out the bottle of Weed PlexPro and had minimal results. The shallow end showed some clearing, but the deep end of the pond showed nothing.

I finally decided to spend a day doing manual removal. I used a raft and a rake and started pulling out naiad from the deep end. It came out easy and was like pulling in a huge rope! For the shallow end I used an old homemade rebar ladder, rope, and tractor. I would walk out the ladder, drop it in, and pull it out with the tractor.

I cleared out most of the pond and after it dried on the pond's edge I moved it to the backside of the pond with the tractor. I ended up with what appeared to be 15 yard dump truck load of dried bushy pond weed.

The pond looked so much better the next day! I added one small bottle of 'black out' to help restrict some sun light and prevent regrowth. But the black out still leaves the water fairly clear.

After a few days I can already see some spots of the naiad reaching the surface again in the deep end. Looks like it is time for more manual labor! It either grows very fast or some if it has come loose from all the other removal. But I have also noticed a small algae bloom starting and hoping for more. I guess taking out that much naiad has finally opened up nutrients for something else.

How fast can naiad grow? Height in inches per day?

Any suggestions? Comments?