Originally Posted By: esshup
Bob:

You posted "Relative weights were a little short, suggesting the lake is overcrowded. So, we removed about 45 slot bass and moved them to another lake on a different piece of property.

The forage fish population is well above average. We saw tens of thousands of threadfin shad, lots of gizzard shad just the right size for his predominant size bass, bluegill in five size classes, tilapia and a few redear sunfish."

If the forage was above average, how could the LMB be under weight, or is there something else in the equasion that also needs to be addressed, and I'm not getting what that is?

I too am at a loss here. And why remove 45 lmb when the ratio of forage was already above average? To try to make it far above average? This is a pretty large body of water, I wonder what those 45 slot bass represent? 10% 5%, less than that? And it is not like there is just one kind of forage here, these bass have a virtual buffet of forage, especially shad. Another thing I wonder is why even have CC in a supposed to be trophy LMB lake? If these retreat ponds/lakes are being managed and advertised as Trophy Bass destinations, why are the bigger fish undersized? This entire situation is befuddling. I am befuddled.