looks like the first shot turned out the best, I wish I would have left them full size instead of shrunk them. Anyone got any guesses on quantity! The last shot was my first handful of food thrown out.

Anyways, so thats the main mass of fish that pill up where I feed normally. There are plenty more in the pond especially 1" fish but thats my normal gang that I feed.

This group can no doubt consume 10 lbs of feed per day. I normally feed 5 but chunked in 10 lbs a few weeks ago and they had no trouble with that.

SO... what im wondering is if i back down to 50% or normal which is 2.5lbs for the next 2-3 months i may/may not gain much size... If I do try and move these now and succeed then I probably will have removed say 75% of the lbs of fish in the pond. I could then continue to feed 5 lbs which would be plenty probably for the remaining fish and use this summer to grow another crop...

By the way, im actually thinking about a huge lift net to catch them. I have material to make a 20ft by 10ft lift net. I would submerge it 2ft down for example and feed over it for a few days. They are either gonna crowd over it or not. SEe the last photo, when they are rolling all over each other trying to get the food I figure they are in about a 10ft by 10ft area... Might work and might not, but it is a simple, and fast way to catch them. Pull the net up, dip them into a 200-300 gallon tank, then 10 minutes to there new home.

Last edited by chadwickz71; 06/16/10 12:51 PM.

I SUBSCRIBE!!!!