Theo :

I think you did very well on those questions!! \:\) A few points. In central Fla. you would see mostly Fla. strain BG which are CNBG. They often have light (white/gray) pencil striped outlines on their fins/tails when small. I would also use tilapia (except it is not allowed in Miss.) if the water temp. got cold enough to kill them in winter. Many pond managers not on this forum use and recommend them and have written articles about the results. Florida is one of the most restrictive states on exotic species ( green sunfish GSF for example ) but I don't know there stance on tilapia. I will check. Brim are generally said to include all the lepomis varities-- BG, RE=RES , GSF , PS , RBS , LES. See the link under sunfish for pics. = most all except the basses and crappie

http://www.cnr.vt.edu/efish/families/centrarchidae.html

My best suggestion is to learn to do lake population surveys by using a seine in conjunction with catch data and viewing . It is fun and interesting and you will learn a lot. If you need info on this repost and I can give you a link. ewest