Originally Posted By: MRHELLO
There should not be any bullheads in the pond, that is not to say they did not make their way in there somehow. A few CC should exist but I doubt they spawns as there should not be any structure for them to do so. There may have even been a Blue or Flathead introduced about 15 years ago, but not sure if they made it or were caught out.

As far as keeping the cows out that really is not an option at this time, what could I do or use if the cows stay in the pond?

What could happen if I use the Alum and that is not what I needed to do?

How much should I use for this pond?

Where can I purchase Alum?

Can you use Gypsum as well?

I have also heard that you can put sheetrock in your pond, is this true and what exactly does it do?

Thanks

MRHELLO:

I suggest you go to page one of this thread and slowly read thru all 8 pages, clicking on the links, reading those as well, and having a notebook handy to take notes. Most, if not all of your questions will be answered if you do that. I just read thru the thread and found all the answers to your questions with the exception of the ones about sheetrock (drywall). If you read the links in the post that Paul put up, your questions on drywall will be answered as well.

If you cannot keep the cattle out of the water (even fencing it so they can drink but not walk in the water would help greatly), then you will most likely have to live with the turbid water.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).