Wow. What a detachment from what i am currently dealing with. Instead of asking how to get rid of too many, you're asking how can we sustain them.

A perfectly normal idea, i guess, and i will admit that the prospect of now having monster pike in dad's ol fishin hole is exciting, it is just odd to have all of this talk about adding them thrown about when i am just thrilled to be getting rid of them.

In my (ridiculously uneducated) opinion, unless you really have the time to deal with a pike overpop problem, make CERTAIN that it is all one sex, or just do tiger muskie. And listen to Dave....he's awesome.

I have a buddy who lives in a community a lot like my dad's, they did tiger muskie and are overjoyed by the results. That would be my first choice.

That being said...where will this pond be, would you like some of my pike ( wink ) and can i come play once you've grown them into monsters? I wish you the best of luck, if someone is actually going through with it. I'd love to see the result.

Finally: Hello to all my wisconsin neighbors. FIB here, I can spit to the border from my dad's pond, about a half hour southwest of Milwaukee.

-SB.

Last edited by skinnybass; 06/14/10 12:06 PM.

Trying to help with 7.5 Acres in the Chain of Lakes Illinois
- -
The fish would stay out of trouble if it could just keep its fool mouth shut.
Turns out there is a lot I should be learning from the fish.