OK, an update on this project. I suckered a few different people over a few different saturdays into helping me start (and then re-start) a siphon to drain the pond. It took a few tries but we finally got it working. The siphon lowered the water by about 8 feet and in the deepest spot the pond is still 8 feet deep. I would need to basically start over with a new siphon because the pipe I have won't take it any lower. I'd rather not spend the money, but am open to it if it's the right move. I've also had my two traps in the pond pretty much non stop over the last month transferring BG to the bass pond. Usually 30-60 BG per day. I've moved the traps around the pond and am not catching as many as I used to. So maybe I'm making progress. I've also started clearing out everything that CC could spawn in. Do you think I could go ahead and stock CC now? The pond is probably .25 to .3 acres right now. What problems would I introduce by stocking CC now? Is there a best time of year to stock them?

Last edited by Nathan Payne; 06/10/10 12:39 PM.

1 3/4 acre, 1/2 acre, and 1/10 acre ponds in NE Smith County, East Texas.