Only once a day in the evening. I'd prefer to feed in early morning as it's more optimum for oxygen, but don't I like to get up at 5 A.M. and I feed by hand. grin

I have found over the years i get the same results feeding once day as I did twice a day, and I use less feed feeding once a day. I also get a better feeding response once a day vs. twice a day.

Several years ago I got some trout (I don't have trout anymore), and they would only feed once a day for some reason. Probably the hatchery only fed them once a day. Initially I was concerned they wouldn't grow as well as trout I had feed twice a day. Turns out they were just as heavy and as fast growing as the trout I had fed twice a day. So I have since come to realize this is true of my bluegills, yellow perch, and smallmouth bass.

The only exception is very small fish that I produce from eggs as in fish under 4 inches. I feed them 3 to 2 times a day. With the really small fry I am feed training I use a belt feeder and they are fed 24/7.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 06/09/10 09:15 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.