So, Bennie, has the condition escalated since you first posted about it on the 4th, or has it remained generally unchanged? If, in fact, it's pollen, as it could well be, you may not be seeing much of a difference as the plants/trees producing the pollen may well still be in full production mode. If you noticed a change in the nature/character of the stuff, then you may be correct in your originally posted concern that it was the start of some sort of growth. Of course, 3 days or so may not be enough time to tell if it's slow growing.

Again, I think it would be useful to know if there's been any change in its appearance and also to see if you can get a more up close picture. Maybe scoop some water out that has the film on top, put it in a dark container for contrast, and take a picture of that for us to see.

And for the record, I don't know jack squat about anything beyond watermeal, FA, curly leaf pondweed, American pondweed, and chara, because I've got more than my fair share of those and haven't ever dealt with other stuff! laugh

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB