Welcome! As long as the fish have been in the pond, it will take them some time to acclimate to the feed, and in my experience with my fish, they won't hammer the feed like feed trained fish.

When BG are spawning, they don't leave their nests to feed, although they will chase a small lure or worm a couple feet from the nest, but return immediately if not hooked. He'll see an increase in feeding activity once the spawn is over. The BG are nesting in my pond, and I hardly see any feeding.

I was feeding generic food from Tractor Supply, and when I switched to Aquamax 500, the feeding activity increased. I've also noticed that with the larger pellets, the BG will spit it out and grab it a few times, where with the smaller pellets (500 vs. 600) they'll grab it and swallow it.

The key to getting fish acclimated to feeding is
1) feed the same place and time every day
2) don't feed more than they can clean up in 15 minutes
3) feed in an area that has deep enough water for fish to escape predators, 3' deep or deeper.

To figure out what size feed to use, one of the experts here said to normally feed fish food that is the size of the fish's eyeball.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).