A buddy came over to fish the pond today, and I decided that he needed to take some RBT home. There are still around 60 RBT/Golden Morphs in the pond and if they don't make it that would be a lot of fish to just let die. So, I'll whittle down the numbers a bit. All were caught on Stubby Steves.

He took 6 RBT home, this was the largest one:

20" long, 4.25#! Someone was eating well since late October!!

I also caught another one of the pellet trained LMB on Stubby Steves. I was fishing with no float, just a #10 Owner Mosquito hook tied on 2# Maxima. The LMB was 14 3/4", 2.24#. It now proudly wears tag #004. I ran to the house to get the tagger after I caught it, and the camera. I quickly tagged it, weighed it and as it was swimming away my buddy asked "Why did you bring the camera?" blush Oops. At least it came in handy for the trout.

I have had the aerator running when air temps are below 70°. The water level in the pond started dropping, so I turned on the well a couple of days ago. Yesterday I noticed quite a few of the trout hanging out in the well pump outflow. I need to get a thermometer that will take temps deeper than 8', but my suspicions are that the aeration is making the deeper water warmer. So, I'm going to suspend aeration for a few days and see if the trout still congregate around the well inflow.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).