When it comes to HBG, there a few things to keep in mind. First, they're not all "cookie cutter" replicas of each other. Just like people, there are genetic diversities that create different "looks". Doesn't mean they aren't hybrid Bluegills, just means there's a little variety in the cross. Second, the link that ewest was kind enough to post is THE place to start your HBG education. That's where I got started, be prepared for a few headaches trying to sort all the variations out. Third, and this is very important, be aware that discussing HBG in general, and GG in particular, is akin to watching someone stir the campfire with a stick of dynamite. your first instinct says to stay the heck away, but you're gripped with a perverse desire to watch what happens. That's the thing with these fish, you either love em' or you don't. Part of that is due to the way they have been misrepresented to the general public. They are not the "miracle", saviour sunfish. as Pond frog pointed out, they are not, and should not be encouraged to be, self-sustaining. I would go as far to say that if your goal is a balanced fishery, don't stock HBG. On the other hand, if you want some truly huge BG, and you don't mind restocking as you remove fish, the potential is there for outstanding growth. Will they outgrow native BG? I honestly doubt it, if all things are equal. (water quality, feeding program, adequate predation) What appeals to me is the same thing that turns off Pond Frog. Low reproductive viability. Keep a large population of starving 8-12" LMB in a small pond with these babies, feed Aquamax everyday, aerate appropriately, and stand back.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.