Hi everyone, I am a new member here and first I would like to say that this is a great forum. I have a pond in southeast Michigan about 5/8 of an acre in size and about 17 feet max depth with some shallow flats. We have about ten channel cats, fifty hybrid bluegill, about 75 perch, thirty black crappie, around thirty largemouth bass, and some regular bluegill and some pumpkinseeds. The panfish are all very large and appear to be healthy as well as the channel cats. The largemouth however are all small, about 16" is the largest we ever get and most are about 12-14". The panfish that we catch are all pretty big, and the spawn don't seem to survive to adulthood. Do you think that we need to remove some predator fish like the channel cats and largemouth, or increase the forage population, or eradicate the hybrids and put more regular bluegill/sunfish in? The current forage base is mainly small bluegill(altough there aren't too many). We have tried fathead minnows but they always seem to get destoyed before they have a chance to reproduce. There is a couple of laid down trees and wood pallets in there for the fatheads, but no weeds and a fair amount of algae. Sorry for the long post, I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Andrew B.; 05/16/10 11:44 AM.