Thanks for that suggestion BillSD! Actually, I've already noticed a bit of erosion at the end of the spillway where I have the water cascade a bit into a little waterfall. I remedied it by packing it with red clay and shielding the brunt impact areas with plate-like rocks. You're right that it was washed away after a large rain. I do have a constant flow of water, although it's fairly light. I have several rocks lining the spillway to create a sort of babbling brook effect that slow the flow. I haven't noticed any washout along the rest of the spillway and I think I'll be okay as it's lined with heavy red clay. Maybe I'm wrong. I have some rubber roof material I could use to line the bottom of the spillway with, but I wonder if the water would just flow right underneth it and cause more friction than without. I'll get out there sometime today or tomorrow and take some pix and post them in this thread for your analysis. I also got my new pump running so I'll post some pictures of it in action.

Last edited by NyQuiLlama; 05/15/10 11:07 AM.