Welcome to the forum mkling! Glad you found us and decided to post...

Do you know if there are any fish still present in the pond or due to the recent dam failure, you lost them all? That is an important thing to consider.

Second, what are the goals for your pond? You mentioned kids and adults will be fishing it. 5 acres is a great size and opens up a lot of possibilities. Usually those looking for good fishing for both adults and kids look for a more balanced pond where both the largemouth bass(LMB) and bluegill/sunfish(BG) get to nice sizes, but no giants. Or, they lean towards growing larger BG. In a 5 acre pond, I would go with pure BG as opposed to hybrid BG(HBG). HBG are typically 95% males and only 5% females. This means they don't make a good forage base for bass and the bass tend not to grow so well. There are times when HBG make good options, but I do not think this is one of them. HBG will outgrow pure BG for the first couple years at best, but then the pure BG catch up and out surpass them. You will see many members dealing with replacing their HBG with BG and dealing with Fx generation crosses that can be a real mess. Let us know what your goals are and we can look at a stocking plan to meet those goals. I'll say this, irregardless of your goals, getting some fathead minnows(FHM) in there now won't hurt a thing. The sooner they are in, the quicker they'll be spawning and make more food for your other fish to eat.

The pond is a little shallow, but I wouldn't stress over it. If you have electricity near by, an aeration system could really help...