Well if those prices on removal are accurate and my math is not failing me it would be roughly $5000 to treat the 8 or so acres it covers. There are 2 other home owners here in the association and honestly I am not sure they have the $1.5k lying around. I know for a fact the family to my right does not since they recently lost a small fortune in investments and times are tuff for them. I believe the guy across the way does something every year to treat the pond but I can almost guarantee he doesn't put up that kind of money maybe $500 or so. Another item of high importance on the list this year is the stupid geese. There is about 50 of them here every day. They are loud and annoying with the windows open and they sh!t up everyone's yard. Is it possible for me to rake most of the weeds out? The pond is only about 15' at the deepest if i could just get it down to being only a few feet high that would be a good temporary solution. I have a tackle box full of really killer baits I can't even use. If the plant is not native where did it come from? Did the people who built the pond 15 years ago add it not knowing or maybe from birds like how a pond will have types of fish in it you never stocked?