Well my pond has a major problem with what i think is hydrilla. It cover maybe 70-80% of the pond and is around 1-2' below the surface. You almost cant fish it unless you go topwater or something weedless. Also pretty much every bass is about a #2 or #3. Last year I caught my self alone at least 1k bass and never hit the #4 mark not even once. That's not counting what friends and family caught. None of them had anything #4 or better either. Last year after some good info from here and thinking all along there was to many bass I decided to thin the heard. I prolly kept and ate about 200 #2 and #3 give or take maybe 20 or 30. The pond is from what i hear 10 acres i don't know if the island counts though. I decided today since it was a gorgeous 42 degrees to take some pics of the pond and what my normal bass look like so I can get everyone's opinion. well the bite was super slow and i missed 5 or 6 bites cause I never trimmed my weed guard or they only had the trailer. I did manage to catch one fish but it was not what i was trying to catch.

Some pics of the pond

Im pretty sure this stuff is hydrilla and i want it gone asap.

The one fish i did manage to catch for you guys to see. I guess shes about 8.5 but could of been pushing 10 possibly it was pretty heavy. The shoe is a 10.5.

This was the very first fish I caught this year. I caught it about a month ago right after ice out. She was about a #5-#6.

Since this fish I have caught 3 more #5 or higher including the one i got today. I also missed 2 right at the shoreline.
I maybe only caught around 100 LMB so far this year and 4 have been really nice. Last year they were half the size at best. I just don't get what the difference is now but im liking it.

Last edited by hatrix; 04/18/10 06:58 PM.