Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello
Extra credit.

This is really only to help me out, but here goes.

Please give me some alternative to the traditional septic systems that most acreage owner use. My architect keeps talking about a 4,000 square foot "lateral field" that he doesn't want to deal with.

Use your internet guile to help me figure out if there's some simpler way to dispose of waste, without threat to the quarry's beautiful clear clean water.

How about an aeration system? A bit more expensive and, from what I understand, a greater maintenance requirement, but a much smaller footprint than traditional septic leach fields, and no need for periodic visits from the honey dipper to suck out the sludge that has built up.

Here's the site for a company that makes a small field product that might be of interest - Eljen

Don't be immediately put off by the fact that they use a technology called GSF - it stands for geotextile sand filter in this instance!

Or you just organize a commando team to go out at night and tap into your neighbor's septic system and remove all traces of the activity before morning.

Last edited by Todd3138; 03/01/10 05:19 PM. Reason: Added link and comment

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB