Originally Posted By: esshup
I'm leaning towards septic. Geo they could have used the pond, I don't know how to "engineer' a garden.

I don't think it could be septic because they wouldn't have dug that big of an area only to find that it wouldn't work - perc tests should have shown the insufficiency way before those two areas got dug out that big, so I have to say no to the septic. This morning my "engineered" garden does sound a bit week, but it's the best I've got right now I was thinking maybe that instead of an earth garden, they ended up "engineering" a greenhouse or something. Pretty weak, but unless some inspiration hits me, I am really stumped. I'm thinking the geo is a good guess, but from what I've read about it, it almost seems that the brown spots aren't big enough for the loops and there's no "trail" leading to them from the house where there might have been the main run from the house to the loop field. Plus the lake makes more sense for geo unless some sort of HOA rule would have prohibited that sort of use.

Last edited by Todd3138; 02/27/10 08:12 AM. Reason: spelling

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB