Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
KDW, kmilam, Soundguy, RyanH, Nath Morris
18,544 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics41,028
Posts558,653
Members18,545
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,607
ewest 21,517
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,165
Who's Online Now
13 members (lmoore, esshup, catscratch, jludwig, Bigtrh24, nycfishrescue, Shorthose, FishinRod, SCFarms, Boondoggle, Bill Cody, Sunil, Justin W), 981 guests, and 398 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
As we prepare to improve the site, we'll have several missions. And, we'll need some help.
First, we want to add some Regional Field Correspondents. While printing the magazine has space limits, the website won't. I like Brettski's idea to go beyond the pond. We do that to a certain extent in the magazine, but the reason we don't go further is because I don't have a writer who does that. Every writer we have writes about what they know. So, not having a writer and being limited on space, we try to be good at what we are...in print, that is.
So, I am looking for some folks willing to see their words in articles for the improved PB website.
Brettski, wanna tackle some subjects that track Beyond the Shoreline?
My basic idea is to have people in the different regions of the country (and world, RAD), who can interview their neighbors, friends and acquaintances, take a few photos and tell some real world stories to be submitted and published here.
You'll get your own Avatar, specially designed, to let everyone know you are a Pond Boss Regional Field Correspondent.
Who's interested?

The second item is to start the "Pond Boss Ambassadors"...our very own Johnny Appleseeds. Gayle is working on a card, similar to a post card, for our ambassadors to use to introduce Pond Boss to friends and neighbors.
We're working on some incentives, too. For example, each card can be coded and when we get "x" number of them returned with paid subscribers, we can offer prizes. Or, say when we receive 30 cards with your code on it, your name goes in a hat and we have quarterly drawings for something really nice, like a fishing trip or maybe free registration to the next PB conference, or something else really cool. Special Avatar here, too.

In the meantime, we're gonna rework the home page and start adding content in the form of articles from back issues, podcasts, videos, etc.

The forum will remain free and we'll see if we can upgrade the software to improve the search function and photo posting.

In the meantime, start thinking about who would like to be correspondents and ambassadors and let's get that process moving.

Thanks, faithful and loyal Pond Boss fans.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I'm in for the correspondent and ambassador

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I think my life is going to try to settle down. My 75 hour work weeks are a little more like 50 right now. I'd love to be some kind of correspondent!

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I'll throw my hat in the ring for ambassador. With the leaves off the trees I'm seeing more and more ponds.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
M
Lunker
Lunker
M
Id like to be an ambassador. I don't know how many people I will run into in the Los Angeles area, but I would be willing to keep cards with me and share the word whenever I can.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
I'm in for whatever is needed.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Great!
We'll get the program rolling.
I'm headed to the Texas Outdoor Writer's Conference today and when I get back, early next week, we'll get things organized and start talking about topics and methods and stuff.
Thanks!

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador for me ~I interact with pond owners and managers all over the world. I'd love to have an easy way to get them "hooked" on Pond Boss.

Sue Cruz
Vertex Water Features
www.vertexwaterfeatures.com

D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
morning world.

bob, like mikey i may not run into alot of pond owners, or potential pond owners, but i've met a few and could help spread the word.

ambassador died.............has a strange ring to it.....

GSF are people too!

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Bob of course both for me you know that. Nate I already do the ambassdor thing the best way I know how. I have a PB subscription on my cart page. I think we are up to 7 sales (huge I know). Every little bit of subs sales help. Ask Gayle about how to setup if interested.

Sue or other manufactures as ambassadors- how about some deal with PB to throw in annual subscription with good order? Heck I might start doing that as well. Bob?

Bob we can do a better job as ambassador with the cards, great idea. Also I suggest hyperlinks to PB being setup on as many PB clients websites as willing. You never know who might click then subscribe.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Definitely in as an ambassador, and would love to contribute in other ways as well down the road. Looking forward to the changes.

S
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
S
 Originally Posted By: Greg Grimes

Bob we can do a better job as ambassador with the cards, great idea. Also I suggest hyperlinks to PB being setup on as many PB clients websites as willing. You never know who might click then subscribe.

This also has great effects in search engines. If I may suggest, anyone who wants to link to the site should have it added to their site like this:
For a wealth of great pond and fishery management information, we suggest you subscribe to <a href="http://www.pondboss.com/">Pond Boss Magazine</a>.
OR
We recommend you subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine, the ultimate <a href="http://www.pondboss.com/">Pond and Fishery Management</a> resource.

Exactly what text is inside the <a> </a> tags might change depending on strength of keywords, but that is a good linking structure. Also, Bob et al might have a branded message they prefer, so please ignore me if they have already told you a good way to handle this.

I tried my hand as a sports writer for a long, long time, although I'm not huge into sports (fresh out of college, take any job I can get, you know?). So with some journalistic experience (all about lacrosse, actually) I might be able to pitch in for some content. Sounds like there are many more professional pondmeisters than me willing, though.

Last edited by skinnybass; 02/24/10 09:56 AM.

Trying to help with 7.5 Acres in the Chain of Lakes Illinois
- -
The fish would stay out of trouble if it could just keep its fool mouth shut.
Turns out there is a lot I should be learning from the fish.
A
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
A
I'm in to help get the info cards out, maybe put some useful reference info on the card in addition to informing them of the benefits of PB Mag.
Cost will be a factor but if it's not too expensive maybe a magnet on the card so they'll put it on the fridge, just a suggestion.

G
Lunker
Lunker
G
I will volunteer as a fly fishing correspondent within a general fishing category.

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
After tax season I'd be willing to help out in some way.

Do you have any jobs with Czar in the job title?

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
George, I don't know how many people would read it, but I'd read articles on how to tie different flies.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
S
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
S
does anyone else make their own crankbaits? I'm terrible at it. I would be a bad resource, but I would love to read someone who does it well.

so far, 4 lures, 0 catches.

Trying to help with 7.5 Acres in the Chain of Lakes Illinois
- -
The fish would stay out of trouble if it could just keep its fool mouth shut.
Turns out there is a lot I should be learning from the fish.
V
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
V
Bob - Throw some of those cards in my magazine, too. I don't need a title, I don't need any incentive. The success of the this forum, the magazine, the writers and the sponsors is well worth it. I already have a list of people in mind where I can drop some cards off.

C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
I'd certainly be willing to help out.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Count me in in any capacity that could benefit from a willing body with beginner's pond knowledge but a ton of enthusiasm!

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB
B
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
B
I'm in.

Bing

"I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far." � Neil Simon,
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
I have already asked Gayle for 100 cards so I am in too. I am with Victor on this. I don't need any title just want to help out in some way. That is why I came up with the original post of the Buisness Cards to begin with. Just to try and help out the family! Of course I won't deny you sending me on a fishing trip if I were to win one!!! \:\) \:\)

Last edited by RC51; 02/24/10 03:25 PM.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
B
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
B
I am against the idea of "Business Cards". Some other card or flyer is needed.

Having a business card from a business implies that the card holder has some official function, generally it means they are paid staff.

I am sure PB doesn't want to have their business cards floating around with dozens of different individuals names on them.

Bing

"I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far." � Neil Simon,
J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: Bing
I am against the idea of "Business Cards". Some other card or flyer is needed.

Having a business card from a business implies that the card holder has some official function, generally it means they are paid staff.

I am sure PB doesn't want to have their business cards floating around with dozens of different individuals names on them.

Bing

I am sure it would be something published in a Business Card Size, not being an actual Business Card, but an Inviting Advertisement/Promotional Piece.

And the only Names, if any, should be BL or Corp. Members.

I'll try 25 or so and stick them on B-Boards around the town. We have a lot of private ponds and Lakes around here.

Not sure I want to bug anyone trying to strike up a conversation about ponds by driving by and stopping in.

Hey, we ain't in Texas, but I think everyone around here owns a Mini 14 at minimum, and I cant run that fast!

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
I'm in for both. It would be great to spread the word. I have lots of ponds around the Ann Arbor area. I wouldn't mind try a hand at an article at some point. The cards would be great.

Brian
Retired Coach

Just another day in paradise!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Recent Posts
First catch from new pond
by SCFarms - 05/23/24 11:24 AM
What did you do at your pond today?
by FishinRod - 05/23/24 11:23 AM
New Pond Owner Westchester County, NY
by nycfishrescue - 05/23/24 11:22 AM
Water Test Report - Adjusting PH?
by FishinRod - 05/23/24 11:10 AM
Pond Builder - Central NY State
by Bill Cody - 05/23/24 10:48 AM
Help with Bass eye growth issue