I will check with my dad's friend and get a better idea how many pounds of carp and/or number of carp he harvests per year. What I do know is, he has no other fish in the pond, that he does harvest a large number of carp per year. He harvests most by seining them, but I know he catches some on hook and line as I have caught carp is his pond with him using this method. If I had to guess, he probably harvests 50-100 and they are in the 3-6 pound range generally. As I said, he occasionally fishes for them, but the ones caught are almost always kept. He smokes them in a smoker and does eat some fresh. He also pickles them as well. This is a guy who lives completely off the grid and raises 90% of his own food. He chose carp because of the large amount of fish protein they can produce... He lives on 300+ acres down a 4 mile dirt road, pretty much in the middle of nowhere... The last I remember there was 16 family members living on the property, so there are a lot of mouths to feed. So their need for fish is substantially higher than the average pond owner.