Originally Posted By: Chad Fikes
In response to difference between cutrine plus and copper sulfate. Cutrine Plus has chelated copper basically chelated copper is combined with other inert ingredients to keep copper more active during a longer period of time. Usually 10 to 14 days. It will not bind to soil.

Copper Sulfate is very fast acting but any excess copper can become bound in soils. This can disrupt natural cycle and growth of aquatic invertebrates that we hold near and dear.

Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
3. Cutrine is copper sulfate that has been chemically modified basically to persist longer in the water column. It involves buffering the copper ions so they more slowly form a copper precipitate. Contrary to what was mentioned, all of it does eventually (sooner or later) become mineralized or bound as copper carbonate and goes into the sediments where it, usually as a inert substance, accumulates as more is added over and over in future treatments. Some copper may be bound in the longer term of the organic biomass where it takes time to work itself into the sediments.

So once again, pretending that you are speaking to a complete idiot, Cutrine Plus is not a horrible poison that will cause either my fish or myself to grow additional appendages, right?

Here I tried to simplify the response:

[____] Don't worry JHAP, Cutrine Plus is fine in moderation, although I would stop mixing it with your Captain & Cokes "just for that spicy after taste."

[____] Over a millennium or two Cutrine Plus could build up and cause you to glow in the dark.

[____] None of the above, explanation provided below in such simple terms that a 4 grader or even JHAP could understand.

Note: I have used a Reward/Cutrine Plus combination to treat Elodea and was very happy with the results.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)