Frog, I've read and re-read your post about the pond/lake that wound up as a GSF and bullhead water hole and have trouble believing that GSF caused the problem. Sorta like thinking out loud, I'm thinking with both of my typing fingers here. My disclaimer here is that I wasn't there and can be dead wrong.

I really suspect a water quality problem MAY have been the initial cause. I would postulate(six bit word) that a DO crash hit and bullheads and GSF were the biggest % of the survivors. As I'm sure you know, a DO crash can be a 15 minute event that can have far reaching effects with the biggest part of the casualties being the largest fish. If that happened, I can see that bass and catfish would have a real problem reestablishing once bullheads become the biggest % of the biomass. Channel cats, unlike bullheads, have a real problem with recruitment in the face of any type of predation so I'm not surprised at their eventual demise.

I suspect that there are some bass and bluegill left but, unless steps are taken, nest robbing and predation by both dominant species will keep it from ever being a viable bass/bluegill habitat.

On a smaller scale, I've seen bullheads completely take over a BOW but never GSF. Bullheads are almost impossible to eradicate without chemicals. They are really good at what they do. GSF seem to somewhat survive once bullhead infestations occur.

Another problem that I have seen is a cheapass HOA that just doesn't pay attention.

Again, I wasn't there so may be 110% wrong. I often am.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP