Thanks Bill. I regularly fish the pond, I'd say at least a couple times a week during warmer fishing weather, and I will have a meal of fish once a week (one person). Once a month during the warmer months a neighbor has a fish fry, and his son and a friend usually supply the CC for the meal. The last 2 times a few came from my pond. The pond will be fished heavily for CC this year.

My nephew will also come over and fish once in a while, usually once a month May - Sept., and will take home fish for a family dinner (2 adults, 2 teenage kids). I also have a numbered fish tagging kit from Greg, and have been tagging the largest individuals that have been caught. I will start fin clipping BG this year and keep a record.

I don't know if Pondmeisters have run into this problem, but I have had bad luck using regular paper and pens to keep track of fish - the paper/ink usually gets wet. I ran across waterproof paper and a pen that will write on that paper, even if wet, in a shooting supply place. It's used to keep a shooting log. While not as inexpensive as regular paper and pen, it wasn't exhorbantly priced either. The paper is in a spiral notebook form, and they have several different sizes and colors of paper.

Bill, I know Eric will reply, but I'd like your take on it as well. Could you look at post # 201676 and comment on the 2 questions at the end?

Thanks for the information. I wish that I would have remembered more from my fisheries classes, but that was a while ago.....

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).