As always a big thanks to Omaha for the assist on posting photos.

Photo 1. This is a circular cluster over three seasons old. If you look closely you can see 5 different plantings merging, which was my goal. In each one I place 3-5 rhizomes segments, parts that would generate new plants in a shallow trench, during drawdown when they were dormant. 4 1/2 to 5 feet below full water surface. I kept my fingers crossed they would even emerge the next season. They are completely out of the water around late July, depending on drawdown and late season rain. My goal here was test many things, survivability, spread and clustering. When they fill in I hope to have a 30 foot circular patch. The flowers are huge, about 6-7 inches across. Touch of pink early. Trying out some yellow and peach varieties this season. A winery I know also has severe drawdown, and too many, so I'll try thiers also.

Photo #2 This is a side by side of two planting. One with 3 segments, one with 5, a bit shallower. They are slowly making thier way deeper. Planted at same time, they are also three seasons in, during one of the worst drought in the area, last three seasons. Could not have much worse water and they still made it. They completely die back, out of water, 100% dead growth and rhizomes go dry, but survive. I dug some out and relocated them and am also breeding more in my tubs. The rhizomes are floating today.

Photo 3. A strange fish I have yet to identify. Is it a carp? A salmon? It was hanging out right below the lilies. He whispered to me, and yes it is a he, put me back in the water you fool so you can catch me again. I did. Long guy, weighed in just under 5. Supposedly FLA strain, I left my dna and genetic testing kit at home. Jumped a few times, finessed with a small frog or small worm, plastic.

Any questions let me know.