If you can, buy a half dozen cans of cheap whole kernel corn. Take 1/2 can per day, and throw it out in the pond, in 3'-4' deep water if possible, same place every day, at the same time.
After 3-4 (or longer) days of this, take a fishing rod (preferrably a spinning rod), down to the pond at the same time you're chumming for the carp, I prefer 10# test and a #2 aberdeen hook. Thread whole kernels of corn on the hook until it's completely covered. Throw out 1/2 of the normal daily feeding, and throw the corn covered hook in the same spot. (no weight on the line, just he hook with corn on it - no bobber either. Leave a good amount of slack in the line, when you see the line twitch, grab the rod so it doesn't go into the pond. When the line just about gets tight, set the hook and hold on.

I'd fish that way with 2 to 3 rods, keeping one baited, but not out in the water. If I saw a group of bubbles coming up, I'd cast the corn about 1'-2' past the bubbles and let it sink, and really watch that rod.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).