I had forgotten this, but with the latest update to your situation, it came back to me.

My parents house backs up to a small field that seperates them from an offramp on a highway. That highway leads to the San Mateo Bridge, across SF Bay. CalTrans, the highway people, decided that if they created a second offramp where that one is, and built a new road through my parents neighborhood to get traffic off of the highway and over to another highway faster, that it would releive allot of traffic.

CalTrans spent millions on this and when they released the plan, home priced dropped big time in that area. The map showed what housed would be taken for eminent domain, and what ones would back up to the new road. It was a disaster for them, and everyone around them. They fought it, went to all the meetings and vowed not to sell. Of couse, they didn't care. Nobody could sell their house because it wasn't worth anything, anymore.

After a few years, CalTrans abandoned the idea. As soon as they did this, homes went up for sale and sold quickly. There was no threat of the road anymore, and there was no need to disclose something that was no longer going to happen. When my parents sold their home, they got a great price and didn't have to diclose what might have happened with that road going through because it wasn't pending or on the planning books anywhere. If the project is dead, then it's like it never happened.

I'm no lawyer or know anything about your situation. What I know is that my parents and neighbors went from for sure losing their homes from eminent domain to build a new road, to not having to disclose it when selling the house.

If it's not on the books, and the power company has cancelled the job, then the question you need to find out is if you have to disclose something that may never happen? I wouldn't want to take advantage of the buyer of your place by lying to them, or misleading them, so it's up to you to figure out where you are comfortable and what is legal. For this, you might be best off by seeking legal advice.

Another thing to consider when selling property and what to declae is where do you draw the line? You pond is a hazard to small kids. Wild animals are on your land and capable of causing death and injury. Mother nature is always just one storm away from destroying your home or other assets on your land. When you bought the place, none of these things were diclsed to you. If the power line was already on your line, then the possibility of it being added to and things changing was always there. Selling it doesn't change that, and the buyer realizes it when buying the property. Your documents and title will include easments for the power company, so that wil be disclosed. What happens in the future isn't your responsiblity if there isn't anything actually planned. You can't disclose rumors, and what if's.

Eddie

Lake Marabou http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=139488&fpart=1

It's not how many ideas you have, but how many you make happen.

3/4 and 4 acre ponds.