Originally Posted By: Greg Grimes
deaner as mentieond recently in another thread, if your goal is to grow more lbs of bluegill for bass growth 36% is economicial choice of Purina Game Fish Chow. If top end BG growth then aquamax.

A controlled experiment with bluegill growth rates comparing Game Fish Chow and AquaMax would be interesting.

I started feeding GFC and converted to A/M. What I noticed is that bluegill would not eat as much GFC as they would A/M. So the chain of events was I started out feeding GFC and then switched to A/M. Bluegill finished eating the five second portion of A/M much sooner than they had the GFC. Then when I mixed it, which I did for two or three bags, the fish would pick out the A/M and eat it before and instead of the GFC. Or if I threw a coffee can of each out they finished the "better" feed faster. They obviously perferred the taste of A/M. I theorize they might gain more weight on A/M, not because it was a "better" feed in terms of protein, but because they like it better, perhaps more of them ate it, and ate more of it, hence gaining more weight.

I now feed a mixture of A/M 500 and 600.

I probably only feed eight or ten bags per year at a difference in price of approximately $8 to $10. Therefore my decision is whether it is worth an extra $80 +- per year to maximize growth. Since I spend much more than that on pond maintenance per year I personally perfer to get the most growth that I can.

Bing

"I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far." � Neil Simon,