The compressor is in a wooden dog house like structure along with a small well pump. The heat generated by the compressor keeps the house warm. I buried the line in a sleeve of poly pipe insulation from the house to the pond to protect it and hoped it would keep the line from freezing. I really should put an air release valve and gauge on the line also.

We are having a rain day today, a break from the below freezing we've had for the last couple of weeks. I'm sure it has to be somewhere in a high spot locked in the surface ice, like Rainman suggested. I should have weighted the length of the line to where it enters the pond. Wouldn’t the pressure of the air push the alcohol to the blockage?

I’m thinking, about putting on an inline antifreeze device, but the ones I’ve seen are pretty bulky and wouldn’t fit in the well house. I’m a DIY guy and I’m trying to figure out how to set up a flow valve using back pressure, in a small package. I don’t think I’d need more than a quart of alcohol in the reservoir for the winter.