We probably ended up topping out around 16 inches just a couple of hours west of Ken, so we got it light! We didn't end up making it out to the farm so I don't have any good pics of what was going on out there, but hope to make it out one day this week.

Cecil, thanks for the info about the pond ice. I'll definitely have to test it to verify it's safe. Fortunately, the pond we'd be doing any walking on is our small one that is probably an average of no more than 2 feet deep or less over most of it, with the deepest area being around 4 feet, but that's easy to avoid until we are certain of the safety. Thanks again for that tip!

Here are a couple of shots of what we woke up to this morning - this was about a foot along our back patio wall. The big mound on the right of the picture is one of those plastic turtle sandboxes for our kids.

[img][/img]

This shot is looking the other way towards our side yard - while it's not too deep against the house, you can really get a feel for how it piled up on the chairs, the firepit, and the hottub!

[img][/img]

And here's one of Max after taking a good romp through the yard. He was pretty excited to get out and play today - he loves to chase the kids when they ride their sleds down the hills! I believe he was just thinking about a job well done in this shot!

[img][/img]

All in all, a great day and enough snow that it ought to still be white for Christmas with a week that's supposed to stay in the upper 20s and low to mid 30s.

Travis, fun pics and videos of Shanny! Awesome how all the retriever breeds just can't seem to get enough of the white stuff!

AP, trust us, it's YOU we envy! This is a relative rarity for us to get this much at once - you have all the luck up there!

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB