I noticed that you don't have anything listed that is a floater/diver or any surface baits. I would look into the different floating/"dive when retrieved" crankbaits. For instance, the Manns 1 minus series will float at rest, and dive down to 12".

Manns

The minus series tells you how deep they dive when retrieved minus 15 = 15' deep. Or look at one of the old stand-by's, Rapala. I prefer the floating series to the sinking series. With 4# test, you'd be looking for these type of lures from 2" to 5" long.

You also could go with something that floats all the time. With 4# test, you don't want anything that has hooks that are buried in the bait (like a texas rigged worm) - you won't be able to set the hook hard enough all the time to get consistent hooksets.

With wacky rigging a worm or senko, there is no upper limit on size, although I'd look at staying at or below 8".

I also recommend buying some 1/16, 1/32 and 1/64th oz jig heads

unpainted jig heads

and a package or two of these:

Powerbait Nymph

I've had good luck with the 900 toad color. Just thread it on the hook so it lays straight, cast it out and slowly reel it back in, juggling the rod tip and pausing every once in a while. After you cast it out, count "one thousand, two thousand" to get a consistent depth to start reeling. Vary the depth 'till you fing the fish. I've really had good luck using this when the bluegills are spawning. I don't use a bobber.

As for the spinners, 1/8 oz to 3/16 oz should be small enough to target BG. The weight, type of blade and whether the hook is dressed or bare will all have an impact on how deep the spinner runs, as does the speed of the retrieve. Willow leaf blades will typically run deeper than french blades, which will run deeper than colorado blades. The fatter the blade, the easier it is to get started spinning, and the slower the retrieve can be and still keep the blade turning.

If you want to paint the jig heads, a cheap way to do it is to get some white fingernail polish, give them a coat and let dry. Then look at what colors your wife has & "borrow" a bit instead of buying your own colors. Heck, she probably won't use every last bit in the bottles anyway!

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).