Is it feasible economically to replace water in this pond, i.e. flow through situation using well water?

Bill Cody's post is dead on, but you can increase the number of fish if you push water through the pond with supplemental fresh well water. Kind of like a big raceway. That's what I do in my .15 acre pond and I'm currently supporting 100 YP, 7 SMB, 80 BG, 18 RES and 2 RES X BG, all growing and healthy. The price I pay is 4 dollars per day to add 5-15 thousand gallons daily, which then flows into my bigger pond. This is the equivelant of replacing all of my pond's water every month. If I had a static system I would have to vastly reduce the number of pounds of fish as Bill Cody suggests.

The total number of pounds my .15 acre pond is supporting currently is 150. That's a ridiculously high rate of over 1,000 pounds per acre. I'd like to know Bill's estimate of how many pounds per acre I could support if I wasn't adding 3.5 million gallons per year. I think my surface aerator running all night helps quite a bit too.

Keep in mind that a special bonus on SMB is that some of your smaller hatchery fish may adapt to pellet feeding.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.