Just a quick obituary for my pond dream.

I received a letter from County Zoning and then spoke with Adam Wiegel. The pond itself has been approved since we are not selling any of the topsoil or rock. It is not considered a mining operation. Originally the pond was denied.

Unfortunately for the pond, due to an ordinance that was initiated 2006 which only allows a private drive to service 6 lots and the private drive now serves 6, (6th was approved just two weeks ago) my approval to build would be 7th and therefore no building over 100 sq feet will be allowed to be built until the road is taken over by township or re-built by the home owners to township or county specs. Since I am the last owner looking to build (there are other plots but they are being used still for farming and not subject to the ordinance), I am the only one being left out. The land is nice and everything but a large part of owning it was the opportunity to build a house in a number of years.

There is a slim chance. Adam stated that I need to re-visit the driveway with Harvey Mandel, Township Chairman. If Township will approve a driveway permit to no approved building than I can go back to County Zoning and maybe work on something there. I have extreme doubts that any of that would happen. I have a feeling that it is agencies just bouncing me around.

Again, at this point the project has grounded to a halt. Unless better news is forthcoming, I am at a standstill. I could still build the pond with no quarantee that I would ever be able to build a pole barn or house. I will see what Harvey says as soon as I can call him.

I am sure that I should have asked this specific question at some point but I placed confidence in the realtor to check out these things. The one or main condition of purchase was being able to build a house at some point in time. Yes, had I placed my request to zoning in 2 weeks earlier then it would have been approved and the other land owner would have been frozen out which still does not seem fair.

very frustrating.

13 acres,
5 ponds 1 still working
FHM, Shiners, CC, SMB, WE, Yellow Perch
living the dream

Can't have everything...where would you put it?