Ken, I'm not hearing negative from you; just reality. If you got laid off at work, there is a good chance that you would have to relocate. Many people do and you're not the only one in this boat.

Going and fighting a protracted legal battle can get pricey and, in the end, may not leave you any better off. You and I have already gotten older, and we hope wiser. Well, not always.

As the shock is wearing off, look at this as a business matter. Then, look at it as an opportunity for a fresh beginning.

From a financial standpoint, get rolling and look at other places. For negotiating purposes, figure out what it will cost to replace what you have plus a PITA premium. Envision and quantify building and rebuilding costs. Identify tax problems if you sell for a profit and build that in to your negotiating points.

From their standpoint, land values are lower and it is a great time to start the project or at least the process. However, the line may not be built for quite a while.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 11/24/09 05:15 AM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP