Just an update! Wow this morning has been a flurry of telephone calls. Mason is right this moment being transported to a boarding facility. He is out of the shelter and out of harms way!

Jessica will coordinate his vet care and possibly his transport while I am gone. He got all his shots this morning and the rest will be taken care of at the vet.

I'm heading over to the boarding kennel in an hour to take food and vitamins for him. I'll get some pictures for you all. He knows how to sit and shake. He is a great dog and I can't wait to meet him.

Thank you all so much.

His heartworm treatment and neuter will cost $145.00. I'll pay it but if any of you want to chip in you can send donations to Save A Pet, P.O. Box 9323, Dothan, AL, 36304 . Be sure to include a note that the donation is for Mason.

The full amount may not be needed depending upon the heartworm treatment HL chooses. The decision is up to him. Personally I would not do the conventional treatment on an underweight dog. It is very hard on them and some do die due to complications. I'd use the slow kill method and I can provide meds for that.

Thank you all again and HL I am calling you next!

Last edited by Anna; 10/30/09 09:37 AM.

If it's not fit for you to eat, what makes you think it's good for your dog?

AHAHM