Originally Posted By: Mike Holliday
www.chasingame.com does a decent job of evaluating some of the cams

I've used that site for evaluating trail cams, and both of the trail cams that I've purchased have the same + and - that they have noted in their reviews. Maybe not at first, but over time the problems have shown up.

I think trail cams are a lot like computers. The technology is changing so fast that after a year or so they are outdated compared to what is on the market.

How many trail cams are still in use after being out in the field for 2 years straight?? Should they be looked at as having a one or 2 year lifespan?

My I-40 was only in the field for 3 months, then in the house for the off-season. When fired up for the next year (after the warranty ran out) the display was illegible, but the camera still worked. I used it that way for the next year, and neglected to send it in during the off season. I put it out in the field this year, (2 days ago) and don't know if it's working properly. I did get some pics, but no animals.

From what my experience has been, finding a camera that has a very fast "wake-up" time and super fast trigger time is the most critical aspect of the camera. If the trigger time is slow, then the animal will have time to walk out of the cameras' view before the shutter is tripped.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).