Originally Posted By: george1
Academic arguments are of no interest to me.
As far as I am concerned I am out of this debate.
I have successfully met my stated goals and objectives of developing a small Texas pond fishery that provides consistent excellent sport fly-fishing for HSB and CNBG.

IMHO there is a huge difference between studying something and doing something. George you decided on a stocking strategy and you put it into place. We've all seen the photos of your fish. They speak volumes themselves. I'd love to hook one of your CNBG or HSB. Beats any fish in my pond hands down and I suspect that is true for 82.7% of the other forum members here.

Personally, if my fish peaked at 8 pounds I'd be ecstatic. I'd dress up in a fish costume and perform a ritualistic dance on the eve of the Summer Equinox.

I think it's going to come down to this WahooBob, what is your tolerance for employing a stocking strategy, monitoring it for 5 years or so and if you find the results are not to your liking then killing off all the fish and starting over. It seems to me as though that is the worst case scenario. Best case scenario is that you break new ground with a pond stocked in a manner that isn't supposed to be possible. Sound like a long shot? Probably. It is possible? You bet, just ask Aaron.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)