DD1:

Try this trick. Use weight with the bobber, and use enough weight so the bobber just barely floats. Try putting the weight as close to the bobber as possible. I'll even use the tiny ice fishing floats on my UL spinning rig, with a small split shot directly under the bobber. Hook tied directly to the 2# test.

My nephew did that with either 4# or 6# test line, I forget exactly what poundage it was. A common carp took the bait and after a 20 minute battle we netted the carp. He couldn't believe he got it in. I told him that as long as the line doesn't get hung up on anything, and the drag set properly, you can fight a fish for a LONG time to get it in without breaking the line. The key is to have patience! (and a smooth drag)

I've got 2 rods set-up for steelhead fishing in the St. Joe River. They're spooled with one of the super braids, but they have a 4' fluro leader. The superbraid allows me great sensitivity, along with excellent abrasion resistance. The fluro leader makes the line pretty invisible to the steelies.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).