+1 on what CJ said.

I'd definately pellet feed, and I'll bet the catfish could get pretty darn big on the AquaMax Largemouth Pellets once they get large enough to eat them. If you haven't seen them, the pellets are about 1" long and 3/4" thick.

From what I've seen happen to a local lake that had Gizzard shad illegally stocked, I don't know if 25 large catfish will be a large enough predator base to keep their numbers in check. I'd be tempted to stay with Golden Shiners and AquaMax Largemouth Pellets. That way if you ever want to change your goals, you won't have an over population of Gizzard Shad to deal with.

I've put regular Channel Cats in the pond at 6"-9" in length in late April, early May. In 5 months, they've grown to 12"-16" in length. I'm feeding AquaMax 500 and 600.

Catfish get hook shy, and can be hard to catch once they've been hooked a few times. (at least in my pond! Either that, or I just can't catch catfish worth a hoot.)

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).