I was wondering if I would ever see this day but the construction of the pond is done. I spent Thursday - mid afternoon today (Sunday) working on it. This included working on the vent for the siphon system (more to do here yet), adding pallets for structure, installing the wood duck box support poles, and the biggest job of the weekend planting the 3 acres around the pond. The diversion ditches and emergency spillway where planted in a pasture grass seed mixture and oats, the areas north and east of the pond where planted in oats as the cover crop to frost seed short warm season grass and wildflowers into, and the dam front and top and building site where planted in tall fescue.

Here is the view on the south side looking NW

The south diversion ditch, this adds about 1.5 acres of drainage to the pond.

Here is the view from the east end of the pond looking west

The north diversion ditch this one adds about 4 plus acres of drainage to the pond

This is the north side of the pond, it was planted in oats as a cover crop to frost seed WSG and wildflowers into.

The emergency spilway area

This view is taken while standing on the dam looking east

This is looking at the future building site

This area was cleared out so stumps, trees, etc could be pushed into a ravine. I think this will be my future septic site

As usual a slideshow of the pics

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll243/lassig/pond/final%20construction/?albumview=slideshow

Last edited by lassig; 09/13/09 10:09 PM.