hello all,

I have read a few posts here and decided this will be lengthy but you all will want the facts.

Finished pond is 15500 square feet.
Approx average depth 8.5 deepest end 12.5 feet.
3 areators installed overkill i suppose
size is 130 feet by 117 feet across.

I have a pasture that sloped to a low end of my field. The field is about 7 acres. I had to burm up one long side and one short side to create the basin and dug down from there. I was fortunate to have a frend retire excavator who is very detail oreinted to do donate his time. I rented the track hoe of his choice. We stripped the top soil seperated sand gravel and clay. The clay we used that was resident was used to construct the burm on two sides. the sand was removed and stockpilled. After initial construction of the burm and depth finalized it was determined that i had not enough clay left to properly line the pond to hold water. I had 50 semis of clay brought in. The clay i selected was tested from many sites that i found. I had the clay analized by my local soil and water conservation department. They said it was excellent and some of the best they have ever seen.. I new gravel pit locally was newly started and that is where i got it. we lined the pond with 14 inces of this clay from top to bottom. Packed in 6 inches all over then 6 more again. Compacting with the back of the bucket pounding it in and rolling in areas we could do. My excavater is very miticoulous and detailed in his work. He build a few ponds on his property and for others. We even used 200 grade stakes to assure proper depth and coverage. I am fortunate to have a sod grower accros from my property. We pumped in from 3/4 miles away approx. 950 thousand gallons of water. It took 22 hours to fill then we overfilled for a hour to see how the spillway would work. Everyone involved and watching the progress of the pond around me says dont panic! I am not sure if they are all correct. My pond is loosing 2 inches per day since filled. Its been 9 days and i am down about 18 inches. Is this soak time. settling time. Normal abortion? no viisible berm leaks that i can see.. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. I didnt find out about db 100 or db200 till i found this site after the fact.. Should i wait awhile before panicing? The fill pipe is still there in place and i can refill once more before they remove the line as part of my deal hiring them to provide my inital fill... Thanks in advance all... newbie, Gary