Sorry for not responding sooner, I stuck my tractor moving logs around. I know my dirt guy said it was to wet to work I just couldn't listen. He came over this morning and pulled me out with the trackhoe. Still too wet and no work will be done today. Hopefully tomorrow we will get some work done. Isn't August suppose to be dry? 5+" since Sunday, atleast the fall food plots I planted last weekend sure are wet.

If you want to get into the details of drying lumber check out this publication Title: Air drying of lumber.: http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/products/publications/specific_pub.php?posting_id=16923

Also, Fine woodworking has done a couple of articles on how to do this. You can sign up for a free 14 day trail subscription to thier website and then download these articles.

Bing,

Air dry on site. Yes I am afraid of that happening to me after I go through all of this work. Did you cover the stack with a top? I plan on sealing the ends to prevent checking and wraping the pile in what is called shade-dri. It is a material that allows wind to penetrate but stops the sun and rain.